CLIENT: Tsi-La Organic Perfumery, a boutique start-up fragrance manufacturer (Philadelphia, PA)
GOAL: Increase marketplace presence to inspire sales.
OUR SOLUTION: Research, write, and launch a public relations and content syndication campaign that incorporate our exclusive “bling” keywords and traffic-drafting methodologies.
RESULTS: Our efforts generated broadcast media coverage; improved search rank; elevated backlinks; and delivered new U.S. and international sales opportunities. Read the expanded case study about our unique approach, which is featured on Cision.com.
VC INC. MARKETING
CLIENT: Syncsort, a provider of big data integration products (Woodcliff Lake, NJ)
INDUSTRY: Information technology
GOAL: Devise a low cost/high yield way to increase marketplace awareness of its products and build buzz about the company for VMWorld Las Vegas 2012.
1) Research, write, and launch a P.R. and content syndication campaign around our concept of Syncsort’s Xtreme Data Makeover, which sought to leverage the successful reality TV show makeover theme.
2) Write, direct, and produce an animated video about Xtreme Data Makeovers and seek to generate virality of the clip prior to VMWorld.
RESULTS: The Xtreme Data Makeover animated clip was viewed over 1,000 times prior to VMWorld, and helped to generate industry buzz and inquiries from sales prospects at the convention.
CLIENT: School of Audio Engineering, a creative media college with campuses in NYC, L.A., San Francisco, Chicago, Miami, Nashville, Atlanta, Emeryville, and San Jose
GOAL: Increase marketplace awareness of schools around the country in order to drive student enrollments.
OUR SOLUTION: Research, write, optimize, and launch a frequent and consistent campaign of news releases that 1) affirm the school’s unique value proposition, and 2) validate its ability to prepare students for jobs in the entertainment industry and make them career-ready once they graduate.
RESULTS: Our work delivered the following benefits for the school and its campuses: local and national television coverage (including a five minute segment on NBC's "Today"); hyperlocal multimedia news coverage of the launched releases; improved search rank; dramatic boost in positive online content about the school's programs and the achievements of its faculty/students/alumni; hundreds of thousands of new backlinks from reputable sites; and the creation of effective new tools to support the school’s admissions departments in major U.S. markets.
CLIENT: Vic’s Drum Shop, North America’s largest independent drum retailer (Chicago, IL)
GOAL: Increase Vic’s email database, elevate incoming site traffic and sales inquiries/opportunities.
1) Write, assemble, and optimize monthly newsletters featuring store news, drumming tips, how-to videos, and details of store sales.
2) Create partnerships with major drum equipment manufacturers that sell to Vic’s and request product donations for usage as prizes in monthly online trivia contests.
3) Have participating manufacturers share details of Vic’s trivia contests with their customer databases and via their social media channels.
4) Contact leading drum and musical equipment blogs/sites (local and national) and ask them to share details of the trivia contests via site content and social media channels.
5) Write, assemble, and optimize marketing emails and landing pages that promote the trivia contests.
RESULTS: The above efforts delivered hundreds of new names/email addresses for Vic’s email database from around the United States; boosted incoming site traffic; generated coverage about the store in Music & Sound Retailer, the premier trade magazine covering the American musical instrument retail industry; and stimulated buzz about Vic’s vendor-friendly and proactive marketing activities among the premier drum equipment manufacturers across the U.S.
CLIENT: School of Rock (national and regional), an after school music program (multiple markets across America)
GOAL: Increase marketplace awareness of schools around the country to drive student enrollments.
1) Create product sponsorships (Old Spice, Sweetwater.com), corporate promotional support/sponsorships (Fairway Market), media initiative partnerships (WNYW’s “Good Day New York”), and sports team partnerships (Philadelphia Eagles, New York Giants) to promote SoR events and demonstrate the effectiveness of its performance-based music education curriculum.
2) Research, write, and launch a frequent and consistent campaign of news releases that affirm the school’s unique value proposition (“Inspiring Kids to Rock on Stage and In Life”).
RESULTS: Our efforts helped to dramatically elevate awareness of the SoR brand and schools; generate new backlinks to schools’ sites from reputable news and community sites; create television coverage in local markets; improve community and regional awareness of schools’ programs and the achievements of students/graduates; and increase enrollments for SoR’s summer camps and year-round tuition programs.